Support Specialist (Manila Office)
The main function of the software development and support team is to create, maintain, innovate and service the software assets of Getz Clinical.
The Support Specialist plays a key role within the Enterprise Development and Support team, delivering world-class and effective technical and non-technical customer support to Getz Clinical customers across a wide range of technology platforms.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintain application support processes, and check that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Leverage application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports for customers and internal use.
- Provide technical expertise to enable the correct application of Getz Clinical software.
- Leverage network management tools to determine network load and performance statistics.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work.
- Identify support issues and contribute to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Provide reports and proposals for improvement to specialists, customers and key stakeholders.
- Draft and maintain procedures and documentation for customer production databases.
- Manage database configuration including installing and upgrading software and maintaining relevant configuration management documentation.
- Contribute to the setting of standards for database objects and ensure conformance to these standards.
- Monitor database activity and resource utilisation, optimise database performance and plan for forecast resource needs.
- Monitor and manage cloud based customer environments using tools provided by the alliance partners including, but not limited to, Amazon Web Service (AWS) tools and Microsoft Online Services tools.
- Ensure availability for an on-call roster rotating throughout the year for 24x7 customer and Getz Clinical information technology systems support.
- Ensure the internal Getz Clinical technology environment is fully supported with a continuity of service covering all business units. This includes but is not limited to the Getz Clinical standard operating environment for access to internal services, database servers and network and internet services.
- Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures and tools provided.
- Ensure that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support.
- Create and maintain support documentation working with within the agreed framework and templates provided by the documentation writers.
- Ensure any incidents and cloud provider outages that require escalation are raised promptly to the Head of Service Delivery.
- Accept responsibility for technical customer satisfaction after handover into operational support, delivered through responsive and professional communications.
- Accept responsibility for the acceptance of technical implementation documentation and handover of all relevant material to the support team through defined project and governance processes.
- Ensure any technical material is provided to the Documentation team for final review and publishing prior to delivery to customers.
- Participate effectively in Enterprise Development and Support team meetings and town halls.
- Assist the Bid and Proposal Writer to develop and deliver world-class bids and proposals by providing input and domain knowledge.
- Support the Getz Clinical channel partner strategy by assisting in any technical or application support related matter under the guidance from the Head of Service Delivery.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to stakeholders and effectively set and manage expectations.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the role, under instruction from the Head of Service Delivery.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Computer Science or demonstrable practical experience.
- Expertise in Microsoft Windows operating systems and server operating systems.
- Database expertise including MS SQL Server.
- Experience in providing remote support to customers running complex clinical software applications.
- Experience in Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2012/2013 desirable.
- Experience in supporting Amazon Web Service (AWS) and Microsoft Online Services environments desirable.
- Ability to participate in a rotating on-call support roster throughout the year.
- Ability to define, configure and maintain Microsoft and Amazon technologies for internal use by Getz Clinical, including but not limited to SharePoint, Lync, Office365 and AWS.
- Ability to manage a number of customers and incidents simultaneously, remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to provide innovative ideas and proposals to continuously improve support methods.
- Effective communication skills, including written, verbal and listening.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in simple terms at all levels of the organisation.
- Effective organisational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and good analytic skills to understand a wide range of interdependencies.
- Extensive experience in the Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel applications.
- Capable of working in a global environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, contribute to the culture of teamwork and take on the responsibility for achieving results.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to the mission of Getz Clinical.
- Has the ability to self-start, remaining at the forefront of emerging industry practices so the individual is seen as a credible source of industry knowledge.
- Valid passport and the ability to travel interstate and overseas.