SINGAPORE, 30 June 2016
Global clinical software development company, Getz Clinical, announces Release 2016.2 of Getz Clinical Cloud, their perioperative information management system. The new release features enhancements to existing modules Induction, IntraOp, PACU, Analytics and Admin as part of continuous innovation, and two new anaesthesia modules: Acute Pain and Remote Assist.
Getz Clinical Cloud is delivered as a Software as a Service (SaaS) and Hardware as a Service (HaaS) subscription offering. Deployed through cloud computing technology, Release 2016.2 was seamlessly installed into all subscribing hospitals today.
In 2014, Getz Clinical moved to a subscription model of delivery to ensure customers receive ongoing support, high standards of service delivery and the latest in product innovation. Upgrades and patches are fully hosted by Getz Clinical Cloud and deployed automatically to minimise the workload on hospital IT departments and reduce high infrastructure costs.
The Getz Clinical Acute Pain module offers a mobile, point-of-care solution for documenting acute pain team visits to patients. Acute pain team members can document pain and nausea scores, modalities of pain relief, medications, side effects, motor and sensitivity responses and functional activity scores.
The Getz Clinical Remote Assist module enables clinicians to remotely view and monitor the status of Getz Clinical Cloud anaesthesia software – Induction, IntraOp and PACU – running in induction rooms, operating rooms and recovery bays. Clinicians can remotely and securely view a session from a web browser or from another theatre or recovery bay, and can view all data and actions, allowing them to support another clinician.
The Induction, IntraOp and PACU modules enable anaesthetists to record and annotate data derived from patient monitors and imported from hospital information systems, and to generate anaesthesia and recovery reports. New Release 2016.2 features for these three modules include:
Hospitals can set recommended dose ranges for medications, to enhance patient safety.
- Clinicians can reassign operating theatre and recovery bay sessions to the correct patients if started in error.
- Clinicians can enter high level or specific regional block site/type details using a new configurable picklist.
- Alert systems can integrate via HL7 messages, or clinicians can manually create patient alerts during induction, theatre and recovery sessions and integrate to external hospital systems.
- Hospitals can configure mandatory fields to enforce data integrity and comply to reporting standards.
- Improved cloud, patient monitor and printer connectivity icons.
The Getz Clinical Analytics module automatically procures patient data from other Getz Clinical modules to compile logically grouped datasets such as meds/fluids, equipment utilisation, location utilisation and staff utilisation for an enterprise or hospital facility. New features in the Analytics module include:
- New graphs on the dashboard, including the total number of patient reports created for a given period, and medications administered outside of recommended ranges set by the hospital.
- New Chronology Reconciliation report to check that all patient reports created within Getz Clinical Cloud modules are present in the Getz Clinical Chronology module.
The Admin module enables hospitals to configure all Getz Clinical modules to meet their specific administrative and clinical needs. New features in Admin include audit information on HL7 messages to assist with the traceability of data changes.
Getz Clinical's SaaS and HaaS offerings are compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Getz Clinical Cloud enables hospitals to fully audit processes and records for various health care accreditation requirements, such as Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation.
Getz Clinical’s Product Development team are now actively working on Releases 2016.3 and 2017.1 as part of the company’s ongoing efforts to continuously improve the breadth and depth of the Getz Clinical Cloud suite.